Throughout the Village of Seneca Falls NY there are bronze statues and monuments that bring the women's movement to life. One in particular is a real car stopper and this is the one. Life sized sculptured figures of Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Susan B. Anthony, and Amelia Bloomer. Professor A. E. Ted Aub of Hobart and William Smith Colleges in Geneva designed the sculpture of these life size figures as a lasting memorial to these three history making women. It re-creates the historic moment in May 1851 when Amelia Bloomer, in her progressive and controversial pants, introduced Susan B. Anthony to Elizabeth Cady Stanton on a street corner in Seneca Falls. Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony went on to work together for 50 years. This statue is located on the south side of the Cayuga and Seneca Canal, near Spring Street and E. Bayard Street.
The Town Hall Theater was originally an Opera House, a USO Club and a Silent Movie House. In 1949 the building was purchased by motion picture pioneer Earnest J. Wolfe after his other in-town theater, The Bijou, burned to the ground. Earnest hired a well known architect Michael J. De Angelis of Rochester to design the Theater remodeling. The interior was designed and painted by the famous Oscar Gias of New York City. Anselm Cannan of Lowville was in charge of the construction work. It was heralded as the most outstanding and beautiful theater in Northern New York. Nick and Rena Giannocous purchased the Theater from the Wolf family in 1957. The O’Brien family purchased the theater from Nick and Rena Giannocous in 1990.