2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped unpeeled red potatoes
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pound bay scallops
2 cups half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Add onion and next 5 ingredients (onion through oregano).
- Sauté 10 minutes.
- Add clam juice and scallops.
- Cook 5 minutes (cover longer until vegetables cook).
- Add half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- Cook until throughly heated. Stir in parsley.
Recipe by Larry Olmsted