3 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 can (4 0z.) chopped green chilies, drained
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 cans (16 oz.) Bush's Greaat Norhtern Beans
1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent.
- Add chilies, flour, and cumin; and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken; cook until hot.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, and salsa, if desired.
- Serve with cornbread.
Recipe by www.bushbeans.com